A Quonset hut erected in 1958 served as a chapel until 2001. It was named for the Feast of the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary, appropriate to a place of worship with many visitors. It was a humble building with a small pipe organ and simple appointments. After all those years of service it was replaced by a more adequate and dignified structure. This beautiful building is the heart of the community as it houses the Eucharist and seven offices of prayer daily.
Behind the chapel is the cemetery where many friends of the monastery are buried. Monks are more conscious of human mortality than others, so it is appropriate that the cemetery is part of this place.
In July 1963 the old St. Augustine’s House, formerly Father Arthur’s vacation home, burned to the ground. By 1965 a new building was built, dedicated on Holy Cross Day 1966 by Bishop Olof Herrlin of Sweden. A plain but dignified brick structure, it has small rooms for overnight guests and resident associates. This is referred to as the retreat house and its large rooms are used for meals and meetings.
A simple building of wood was constructed in 1981, called the hermitage, to serve as a quiet place for Father Arthur to live during the summer. It was expanded a few years later and now serves as the residence for members of the monastic community. Near the hermitage a new residence building was built in 2008. It has four rooms with bath for the use of members and associates of the community.